Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. - Melody Beattie
The quote above couldn't have come at a better time. I posted a frazzled moment on Instagram last night because I was feeling so down. M and I have been trying to have our second child for a while and it has proven a difficult task. I think back and laugh because throughout my younger life, I tried so hard not to fall pregnant and now it's the complete opposite.
As mentioned, it is times like these, times where I feel like my life in completely lacking, times where I feel like I have been left behind, times where I feel "WHY ME" that my gratitude game is strong.
10 THINGS I AM GRATEFUL FOR RIGHT NOW
- A working electric kettle. Yes. I am grateful for a kettle. There is no better way to warm yourself up in winter than with a cup of hot tea.
- My mum. She is here for a little visit and once a week I go over to my sister's place to spend time with her and eat her home cooked meals. Usually this is also the time where I learn how to cook these meals.
- Miss 5. Her endless cuddles and drawings of "I love you mums".
- My nephew and niece. They shower me with endless cuddles and kisses on the cheek. My nephew is at the stage where he is able to carry a conversation and it is often hilarious.
- My Kikki.K planner. This year I went back to a pen and paper journal after not using it for a number of years. So grateful that I am able to afford and find resources to properly use it.
- Bosses and colleagues. I work in a very small law firm. There are only 6 of us. It is like a little family. We share everything and support each other through our hardship. I feel like I come to the office to work with great friends. My boss doesn't take himself too seriously and is a great mentor.
- Studying again. Last month, I enrolled myself to study to become an Early Childhood Educator in Montessori. It has been something that I have been thinking and wanting to do for the last 3 years and this year I decided to take the plunge.
- Hot water bottle. Because.... well Winter.
- Friends on social media. Some I have met in real life and some I have seen grow and blossom into amazing and inspirational people.
- M. Through our differences, I am grateful that he is on my side supporting me with everything.
WHAT ARE YOU GRATEFUL FOR AT THE MOMENT?